Thursday, July 15, 2010

A week in review...






Some very "wise" people say that as you get older, time seems to go faster. Even for my few short years on this earth (20 yrs. as of July 13th), I have been able to experience this phenomenon. Last week, we started our 3rd week of Backyard Bible Clubs! The week went really well and there were about 8 kids that we were able to meet. Of course, there were also many funny moments, (during one of the lessons, I was teaching that God is omniscient and a 5-yr old boy decided to try and count how many hairs he had on his head, unfortunately, he could only count to 20!)
In addition to doing the Bible clubs, Marsha and I were also going to the Women's Rescue Mission twice a week to help with some painting jobs. In the two weeks that we painted, we were able to finish 3 rooms! It was a lot of fun to be able to get "dirty" and do some work! :) (the head of maintenance was impressed with our neatness, still somehow I always ended up with quite a bit of paint on me!)
On Thursday night, I went to a weekly outdoor concert. It was held on the spacious lawn of a assisted living home complex. The artists were local men who were singing old Simon and Garfunkle songs! It was lots of fun to enjoy the beautiful summer evening!
For my birthday, my wonderful family came to visit me! Since I am going to be in Billings all summer, they wanted to come and see me (cuz they wuv me!). Also, Marsha was going to be leaving and then I would be alone for several days, so they remedied my "loneliness" by coming up! We had a great time together! It was lots of fun playing tennis (actually, we didn't always "play", but rather chased balls). We drove up to the Beartooth Mountains and hiked around for a couple of hours. Then after the 2 1/2 hr. hike, we stopped at the Candy Emporium (for my little brothers and sisters! :)
All in all, things have been going really well in Billings. God is working in the hearts of the people here, and I have the privilege of being used by God to accomplish His purpose! God is so good, and He continues to show me His faithfulness and love each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment