Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A summer adventure...








This is going to be the first of many blog posts about my *new* summer home! Most, if not all, of my adventures will take place in the beautiful city of Billings Montana. I am working with Big Sky Bible Church to start some children's programs, with the goal of spreading the Gospel and bringing new people into the church. Marsha--who is working with me--and I are organizing the various parts of a 5-day club and a Vacation Bible School. Lord-willing, we are going to hold our first club starting this Saturday for the children in our neighborhood! It is a very exciting and daunting task, but God is in control!
This is now my fifth day as a "Montanan" and I am enjoying every minute of it. My place of residence is a split level home on Winchell Lane. I love having a little space of "my own" (it really isn't my own, but it adds a happy ring if I say it...:).
One of my first tasks as a house-dweller was to mow the lawn. Just a word of advice: make sure that you know how to shut off the mower before you start mowing! If this gives a clue, my moment of panic began as I was mowing and the thought popped into my head..."I wonder how I will turn this thing off...?" In order to justify myself, the mower was broken and so you had to pull the spark plugs in order to turn it off. (I wasn't the only one to make the mistake!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Man! Look at the color of that bedroom! I can see why Pastor Trimble wanted to do some repainting.
    I've been thinking of you and I look forward to joining you there.

    ReplyDelete