Tuesday, May 8, 2012

But for Grace: the end of the semester

I can hardly believe that it is the end of the year!  It really seems like just yesterday that I was moving to Kansas City for one year of school to finish out my degree.  Funny how time and God "change" our plans!

Graduation was Saturday.  There was a lot of "Pomp and Circumstance".  My family was here!  It was a nice, but very hot day.  I walked across the stage in the traditional cap, gown, and tassel to receive my diploma from our president.  Oh, the anticipation and excitement!  Yes, it really is just a piece of paper.  But I was also reminded that that paper is a Bachelor's degree that will go with me the rest of my life!  It is an accomplishment that I can be proud of.  
Yet, I know the truth.  I really didn't accomplish anything.  It was all of God's grace!  I was listening to this song with my brother, and it reminded me of this past year.


"God's grace has brought me safe thus far, 
and grace will lead me home..." 

But For Grace
Eph 2:1, Psalm 23, John 14
Matt Papa

But for grace, where would I be
Just a ship lost on the ocean
Like a bird with broken wings
Iʼd have no place, but for grace

But for grace, could I be saved
Can one dead by works be pardoned
Lift himself out of the grave
Thereʼd be no way, but for grace

But for grace, Iʼd go astray
Often wandering from my shepherd
Even on my best of days
Iʼd fall away, but for grace

But for grace, how could I stand
Present trials overcome me
Under this worldʼs heavy hand
Iʼd surely break, but for grace

But for grace, could I get home
See that city Heʼs preparing
Join the saints around the throne
Thereʼs be no place, but for grace
Iʼm just a sinner on my own
Couldnʼt see His face, but for grace

No comments:

Post a Comment