Tuesday, July 10, 2012

21 things from being 21...pt. 2

So, last post's ramblings included a Detailed explanation of how I broke one of my phalanges.  This time, I shall strive to stay away from any more teeth-clenching, bone-smashing stories! 

September 10th, 2011 (4)

There is really nothing like being in Nebraska on a Saturday during football season!  Some ignorant folks like to tease Nebraskans about their "idol", but we just smile and nod; knowing that they just don't understand!  I took my former room-mate and dear friend Aryn Sturgeon to her First NE game.  It was a great experience and loads of fun!  (I think that Aryn--a Kansas girl--might even be warming up to the Huskers!)  It was a great time of seeing her and some other friends (Andrew and Phil Johnson) and getting to see some NE Football!!!  The game was good, and we won!


Aryn's 1st NE game...:)


We Won!!! 

Evidence  (5)

After auditioning for a vocal ensemble from Calvary, I was accepted as one of the sopranos for the 2011-2012 tour.  I have been privileged to sing and spend time with some awesome musicians!  Not only have I learned A Lot music-wise, but I have also been stretched and challenged in many other ways personally!  I am so thankful for music and the way that God ministers it to my heart and through me to the hearts of others! 

Evidence with Gracia Burnham

 Thanksgiving 2011 (6)

Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of the year to set aside to spend with family and friends, thanking God for all His blessings.  This Thanksgiving was a little different, but still a great time.  I was able to see Leah Herrick (it had been about two years since I had seen her) and Clara and Levi Williams (and my “honorary” niece Jemima) and Aryn Sturgeon.  These are all very dear peeps from my CBI days, so it was wonderful to get to spend time with them and catch up on all the things that have been going on in our lives.  You know a true, good friend when it has been years since you have seen one another, but you are able to immediately reconnect and enjoy one another again! 

Leah didn't like her Thanksgiving meals' cheese
Traveling on Thanksgiving Day ...this is my turkey!
Hooray for Friends!!! 

Handel’s Messiah  (7)

Celeste and I after singing in the Messiah
The music dept. at Calvary put on a production of Handel’s Messiah for Christmas.  As a member of Evidence, I was required to sing in it.  But what an experience!  There were several times during the performance that I was so blown away by the music that I almost forgot to sing.  It was a awesome experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment