Monday, November 18, 2013

10 Days of Thankfulness: God my Father

This Thanksgiving season, I am endeavoring to be thankful for more and speak more about the things that really matter.  I'm afraid that many times, the tendency is to make a list about things that we're thankful for like, family, friends, food, jobs, the weather, a warm house, and other things. And these are things to be thankful for!  But have you stopped to think about all the blessings that are found in God our Father?

We see God's hand every moment of the day.  From the minute we hop out of bed in the morning till our sleepy eyes shut at night, God's goodness is everywhere to behold.

Have you stopped to think about God's goodness lately?  
Have you taken a moment to examine all the beautiful changing colors of the season and see 
God's creative hand.  
Have you looked at the moon tonight?  (It's a full moon.)  
Have you wondered at the marvel of music and how it works and why it works?  (I had some music to practice and spent a couple of hours working on singing and playing the piano)  
Have you thought about how God has brought just the right people into your life for just the right time? 

We echo the Psalmist who declares the works of God and gives thanks.

"Come and see what God has done; He is awesome in His deeds toward the children of man." Ps. 66:5

"Because Your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise You." Ps. 63:4

"Blessed be the Lord who daily bears us up; God is our salvation.  Our God is a God of salvation, and to God, the Lord, belong deliverances from death."  Ps. 68:19-20

"For You, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord, from my youth." Ps. 71:5

"Your way, O God, is holy.  What god is great like our God?  You are the God who works wonders; You have made known Your might among the peoples."  Ps. 77:13-14

"For You, O Lord have made me glad by Your work; at the works of Your hands I sing for joy.  How great are Your works, O Lord!  Your thoughts are very deep!"  Ps. 92:4-5

"The Lord reigns; He is robed in majesty; the Lord is robed; He has put on strength as His belt.  Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved.  Your throne is established from of old; You are from everlasting."  Ps. 93:1-2

"If the Lord had not been my help, my soul would soon have lived in the land of silence.  When I thought, 'My foot slips,' Your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up.  When the cares of my heart are many, Your consolations cheer my soul."  Ps. 94:17-19

Be thankful today for our heavenly Father!  Praise Him for all that He has done in creation, in the Word and through His Son.  Let this kind of thankfulness change your life and thoughts. 

God is good.  God is my Father.  I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment