Friday, November 22, 2013

10 Days of Thankfulness: Salvation, Amazing Grace, and Eternal Blessings (4-5)

When I think of being thankful for the things that God is doing in my life, I think of salvation.  

God's love for the world to provide a perfect sacrifice to pay for the sins of the whole world.  
God who satisfied the His justice through the life and death of His own Son. 
God who gives this same salvation from sin and death by faith.  

I think of God's grace.  It's amazing. 
God's grace is what gives me what I don't deserve.  
As a finite creature, I do not deserve to receive gifts from the infinite God; but He has given them to us.  
He made the world for us to enjoy.  
He has set beautiful things in life, from the little spring buds and flowers to the brightly colored fall trees. 
He has "given us all things that pertain to life and godliness".  
He has given us His Son.  
It is God's grace that called me to salvation and is working in my life to make me more like Christ. 
It is God's grace that will take us to be with Him in heaven forever.  

I think of the eternal blessings in Jesus Christ because of salvation and God's grace.  I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph. 1).  These blessings are given to us now and will be fully seen when we are finally in the presence of God.  

How often do we take these things for granted? 
How many times to do we go through life and talk about these things with others, and yet refuse to let them change us from the inside out? 
How many times have you complained about a certain situation, because you forgot that you have all you need in Christ Jesus?  

If I am honest in answering.  It is too many times.  

As I think of being thankful for the things that really matter, I need to be reminded of who God is and what He has done and is doing and will do in my life.  It's all because of His grace and the salvation that came through His Son that I even have hope to live another day.  

I am thankful!  God is good!  All is well! 








No comments:

Post a Comment