Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve

Today is the day before the day that we have set aside
to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Not only do we celebrate in thankfulness the birth of Christ,
but also His life, and ultimately His death on the cross for our sins.

"For the grace of God has appeared..." in the person of Jesus Christ, 100% God and 100% man...
"...bringing salvation for all people,..." He came to live and die for the penalty that sin had accrued.
"...training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age,..." The grace of God that appeared and provided salvation, also trains us as we are still in this world. To live how? Like Him!
"...waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,..." We are waiting for the ultimate revealing of our sanctification when we stand with Him in heaven.
"...who gave himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works." This is the Baby born in a manger. He gave Himself for me!

(Titus 2:11-14)

"Christ is All"
Oh, Lover to the uttermost,

May I read the meltings of Your heart to me
in the manger of Your birth,
in the garden of Your agony,
in the cross of Your suffering,
in the tomb of Your resurrection,
in the heaven of Your intercession.

Bold in this thought I defy my adversary...
Deepen in me a sense of my holy relationship to You....

I think of Your glory and my vileness,
Your majesty and my meanness,
Your beauty and my deformity,
Your purity and my filth,
Your righteousness and my iniquity.

You have loved me everlastingly, unchangeably, may I love You as I am loved;
You have given Yourself for me, may I give myself to You;

You have died for me, may I live to You,
in every moment of my time,
in every movement of my mind,
in every pulse of my heart.

May I never dally with the world and its allurements, but walk by Your side, listen to Your voice, be clothed with Your grace, and adorned with Your righteousness." ~ Valley of Vision


2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Bekah! thanks for all the great reminders in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bekah! What a blessing that was! Thanks, I needed that.

    ReplyDelete