Wednesday, March 25, 2015

P52: a song

Oh Lord, let Your words be on my lips,
in my mind, 
and in my heart.

Like a distant melody, which awakens the soul;
more tender thoughts of You, Your Son, Your Spirit, Your Word.

Oh, that I may know You as You are!
Not shrouded through earthly eyes,
but with redeemed eyes behold Your majesty.
For my feeble eyes cannot begin to take in all the facets of who You are;
they must be made new to comprehend in perfection the glory of God.

That You chose to be stained for us; we cannot truly know nor grasp the sacrifice.
Ever learning, tracing the Lamb who was slain and raised so that we can have eternal life.

No work can we credit our Redeemer for what He has purchased; 
striving for our account, then seems to make His worthless.  
And His all the more 
glorious, 
beautiful, 
holy, 
gracious, 
merciful, 
loving, 
coming from the Father.  




No comments:

Post a Comment