Saturday, March 23, 2013

March of Things: the unexpected #6

I'll admit, today (Wednesday) was not "ordinary", which is fine.  It is nice to have a day, just a random day, that keeps you on your toes, so to speak!  For most people, randomness is okay; and for me a general attitude of spontaneity is great.  (Then there are times when we all just need Normal, Logical, Routine, Ordinary...)

When I went to youth group tonight, I was expecting just that, normal, routine and ordinary.  Funny how God changes your plans...:)  So what happened?  God gave me the opportunity to talk for a long time to a unbeliever, who has some different views about God, the Bible, and Christianity.  It was good.  To my shame, it has been too long since I've had a conversation like that!  It was a blessing to just listen, show the love of Christ and allow the Holy Spirit to speak through me!  Especially when we are not expecting such an experience...God is faithful.  And I must remember 1 Peter 3:15, to "...always be prepared to give an answer to anyone who asks a reason for the hope that is in you with gentleness and respect."

Thursday:: Brother Sam's 21st Birthday...:)  It was so wonderful to get to talk to him on the phone for a while!  I am so thankful for my family, and can't wait to see them in a week!!!

Friday and Saturday:  The days are a blur....

folding brochures for work
                                                                    listening to my Pandora stations on shuffle
                 reading "Bondage of the Will" by Martin Luther for class
                                                                                                    practicing the piano and violin
    working on a little crafty/recycle project
                                                                                              loads and loads of laundry
                                         cooking yummy food
                    sleeping


Here are some random pictures of some of my favorite people...:)

The Parker family...(*tune "Adam's Family" theme music)

My hall (some of us...)  




       

No comments:

Post a Comment