Monday, October 17, 2011

Celebrate Everyday pt. 17

Everyday, there are little things that people like to do that make them smile. Usually it is something small and unpretentious like something done when they were younger. Sometimes it is the recalling or repeating of a memory. Most of the time, it is just something goofy! Often times during my day, I have to chuckle at myself because of the little thing I found to amuse myself with.

"Indulge your sense of amusement!"

This involves finding something to laugh about. One day, I was walking across a very muddy and puddle-filled parking lot. The air was warm and the sun was shining. Suddenly I had the urge to start leaping through the puddles on the small dry spots in between the water. It was kind of like jumping on stepping stones, but I didn't have to worry about falling into waist-deep water (just really muddy water!). So I decided to indulge my sense of amusement, and began jumping. I can't quite describe the feeling of pleasure and accomplishment that came over me as I was bounding around the puddles. But it certainly was fun!

In the same way that jumping over puddles is amusing, adjusting your office chair is another common way to amuse yourself.

Adjust Your Chair Day

Something about pulling that little lever to lower you to the ground is one of the most amusing things to do. I find that even spinning back and forth and adjusting your chair is a lot of fun.

You don't have to have money or even have lots of resources to amuse yourself everyday!

Just find something simple and be creative! Adjust your chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment