Thursday, October 27, 2011

Celebrate Everyday pt. 26 & 27

Yes, yes...I know! But I have a really good excuse for not updating my blog yesterday!
You see, yesterday we were celebrating "Sleep In Day". It was such a great holiday, that I decided to be lazy and not write anything all day (except of course writing for homework, etc.). Other than that, I wasn't able to celebrate the day because it was a Wednesday.

*They really should think about which day is Sleep-In Day the next time we celebrate that holiday!*

Anyway...this week we are celebrating


Peace, Friendship and Goodwill!

Now, you may ask what does Sleep-In Day and Peace, Friendship and Goodwill have to do with one another. I am hear to tell you that with out the sleep, the peace is not as likely to happen! :)

I have been blessed with so many wonderful friends throughout my life. They are all very different people that God has allowed me to get to know for the purpose of growing in my walk with Him. Most of my fondest memories come from times that I was spending with close friends! Probably the best (and even worst) times of my life involved my friends.

Friends are so precious! Fellow believers in Christ are even more precious, because of the bond that we have in the Body of Christ!

Just last night, I spent over 3 hours on the phone with my mom and another really good friend of mine! It was such a joy to hear about the different things going on in their lives, and to share what God has been teaching me.



So in the spirit of Peace, Friendship, and Goodwill, why not do something kind/considerate to a random person today (or a good friend). Honestly, as Christians, we don't need to be motivated by a holiday to be kind, but it never hurts to be reminded!



Or, maybe...you should just let someone sleep in...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment