Monday, February 13, 2012

February 12th: the blessing of the Body of Christ

I love Sundays! Just a few years ago, I would have said that I loved the weekend because I didn't have any school!!! (the grade school years) Or because I could justify doing nothing (the high school years).

However, even though these are reasons to love Sundays, I definitely have more.

It is one day out of the week that is set aside to corporate worship with fellow believers. It is a restful day (though not necessarily according to the amount of sleep that you get) It is a time to spend with people outside of the "school bubble". It is a time to specifically minister and be ministered to by your brothers and sisters in Christ.

The Church is a wonderful entity that God ordained through Himself. We have the privilege of being a part of a family of people all around the world who by faith trust in God for salvation.

"And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love."
Ephesians 4:11-16


I am so thankful to be apart of a local body of believers where Christ is magnified first of all, and people are exhorted to glorifying Him. I am thankful for my godly pastors and teachers who desire to exalt the name of the Lord. I am thankful for the families in my church who are setting a godly example for the younger people. I am truly blessed to be able to minister alongside my brothers and sisters in Christ!!!


This is truly happy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment