Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 8th: singing in Italian

Some people have said that certain languages sound romantic (not necessarily the love-feeling!). Italian is one of those languages that is so fun to listen too. When you hear the rolled "r's" and slurred vowels, it evokes some kind of emotion. It is kind of like you have stepped into another world, where there are only candle-light dinners, violins playing, cheese, bread, and people in gondolas. It is rather nostalgic! And fun to sing!!!

For my voice lessons I am learning a couple of songs, and they are both Italian! The one that I am working on now is called "Vaga Luna, che Inargenti" and the second is "Il Bacio". This was the first time that I worked on them. Let me tell you, even if you don't know what you are saying (and I don't) it is so cool to be singing in a different language.

Anyway, I had a fun afternoon practicing and pronouncing and singing these songs!
It was happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment