Friday, February 24, 2012

February 23rd: Korean lunch and other random happenings...

Well, Thursday came fast.  I haven't been looking forward to the exam in my Intro to Philosophy class, but the prospect of going out to Korean for lunch made the day seem more bearable.  A Korean friend of mine was inviting a group of people and she asked if I wanted to come too.  I was excited to try some new cuisine!  Last semester I tried Indian (as in the country of India), and really enjoyed it!  So, in my eagerness to expand my taste pallet, I accepted the invitation! :)  I must say that I was very pleased with the food!
And had a great time with the people.  There was a good amount of laughter that proceeded from the car that I was riding in.  This was mainly due to one of our professors singing along to Johnny Cash!  That was an experience!  (Something about eating and fellowshipping with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ!  It makes us look like we only like to eat together...:)

Another thing about eating Oriental food is the opportunity to use chopsticks!!!  For those who remember, I gave a speech a couple of months ago about the benefits of eating with chopsticks when you eat Oriental food.  (1-the food tastes better, 2-you aren't as likely to over-eat, because you eat slower with chopsticks, 3-it is respectful of that culture)  I think I experience all of those benefits today!  :)

What were some other fun and random happenings of the day?
At my Thursday night church group, I got to watch the little kiddos!  What fun!  I think that it is funny how the adults almost have as much or MORE fun than the kids...but that must mean that we are just all "kids at heart".  Between the mushroom game (hopping on pillows or mushrooms), playing "Simon Says", but forgetting to say "Simon says, 'Stop'", so that Bekah keeps jumping up and down, and playing dress-up with time with the kids was anything but boring!

Then, to end the day, I was privileged to spend time with my Dorm Sisters.

Thank the Lord for a happy day...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment