Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February 27th: a letter from home

Last year, my little sister and I began to write letters to one another.  She was learning how to write letters in school and we thought that it would be fun to write back and forth.  Our pen-pal-ship is a little sporadic.  It often takes me longer to reply, but she is very understanding!  But I finally sent my family a package for Valentines day, complete with letters, chocolate, and the long-promised "Chronicles of Narnia" books for my sister. 
And today, I received their reply!  May I just elaborate on how much I love a hand-written letter!!!  Don't get me wrong, though, because I am all about texting, face-booking (funny how that is now considered a noun!), tweeting, and other forms of social media!  But really, there is nothing quite like seeing some one's handwriting on a piece of paper addressed specifically to you!  (I know, just call me "old-fashion"!) 

What made me happy about the letters?
Simply: the fact that each letter presented the personality of the one writing it! 

Letter #1 - from my sweet sporty little sister.  She told me all about the volleyball team that she is going to play for.  Her excitement screamed from the page!  Then she asked if my dorm room had purple walls, because if they were purple then she was going to move in with me.  (maybe I should re-paint my walls!)

Letter #2 - from my ridiculously imaginative little brother.  He told me very plainly that I shouldn't worry about coming to any of his basketball games, because the gym had been bombed and half of Nebraska had fallen into the ocean.  :)  At the end of the letter, he thanked me for sending him some candy because it had helped him survive the apocalypse! 

Letter #3 - from the very dramatic littlest sister.  She started out by thanking me At Least 6 times for sending her some candy!  She was also very excited about the books that I sent her, and was going to start reading them right away.  She wasn't too keen on sharing them, but she told me that she would do it anyway!  Then, to top it all off, she ended the letter with the sweetest little poem that she wrote herself. 

I love my little brothers and sisters!!!
They make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment