Monday, February 13, 2012

February 13th: early Valentines and snow

We have all been waiting for the infamous day when we would wake up to the illustrious white stuff all over the ground. Well, today was that day!

You see, I have been waiting for snow for quite some time. Mostly because I am very used to A Lot of Snow in the Winter Time. So when we have had 50s, 60s, and 70s the last couple of months (and don't get me wrong...I love nice weather too!), it just doesn't feel like it is winter.

The snow was happy!


Then, I got a package in the mail. I think that I have written about the joys of receiving packages. You get that little green slip in your mailbox that says, "You have a Package". With child-like-Christmas-day-joy you rush to the office to pick up the prize! It is almost always well-worth the anticipation. Except the time that I got the same little slip and it turned out to be some homework that couldn't fit in my box. Talk about major bummer! :)

Anyway, the package was from my lovely family. I got some heart-shaped cookies (the Valentine staple in our house) and a Chadron State College football team shirt (which I had received from donating some money for my brother who plays football there).

The package was such a wonderful surprise! It made my day...

It was happy...


No comments:

Post a Comment